Happy New Years Eve Day!
Who is pumped for 2014?!? 🙋 This girl. Just excited for a new year to keep walking in God’s will for my life. I just have this feeling that so much more. awesomeness is to come in 2014 and I am ready!
I would say that I’m making a resolution to be a more consistent blogger in 2014, but I’ve never been one to make resolutions. However, I do hope to find the time to blog more often in 2014.
This was another entry from the fitmas challenge that I was in and it was probably my second favorite thing I made. This says a lot because I do not really care for egg nog. I do not dislike it, but you will not find me running to the store during the holiday season to pick up the newest flavors of egg nog. That being said, I love this nog I made. It tastes like winter, Christmas and all of your favorite childhood holiday memories rolled up into one. Well, that may have been a little extreme but it is quite and delicious and easy to make. After making it, I decided that homemade egg nog isn’t so bad after all.
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup Monkfruit in the raw (first time using it and I like it!) ***can substitute for any sweetener
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 cups almond milk
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp Dark Chocolate Gingerbread coconut butter from youfreshnaturals
1/2 cup canned coconut milk * you could switch this out with some other type thicker milk
1) In a stand mixer, whip egg yolks adding sugar portions at a time. Continue to whip until lift and fluffy.
2) Meanwhile, heat almond milk with spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves) over medium heat until you see steam (no boil!).
3) Add milk mixture to egg yolk, add peppermint extract and continue to whip for another couple of minutes.
4) Transfer mixture back to saucepan and continue to heat over medium heat. Add cocoa and coconut butter and continue to whisk over medium heat. Add in coconut milk and continue to stir.
5) Let cool. Transfer to mug. (can serve warm or chilled. 😊