Hi Beautiful people!
I don’t know whether it is my new MacBook Pro or that the holidays are over, but I have finally found a little bit of time to get stuff done on my laptop and that includes updating the blog! I made these breakfast muffins today and they came out just as perfect as I had envisioned them in my head. When creating recipes, I know that I have really made a good one if they get my Mom or my boyfriend’s stamp approval because they both enjoy those gluttonous but delicious unhealthy sweet treats. Needless to say, this got my Mom’s stamp of approval, so I know that they were actually good and not just me being biased!
Hopefully I can keep this up into the new year…my heart wants to!
2 medium sized sweet potatoes (either baked or boiled until soft) with skins removed
3/4 cup oat flour
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 teaspoons coconut sugar
1/4 cup monkfruit in the raw ***You can use any combination of natural sweeteners that you would like 🙂
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 scoops Vanilla whey protein or any vanilla protein powder ***Optional
3/4 cup frozen cranberries
0) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1) In stand mixer, beat sweet potatoes and add sweeteners. Add in egg and vanilla and continue to mix well.
2) In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
3) Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Add in apple sauce and protein (if using) and continue to mix well.
4) Turn off mixer and fold in cranberries gently.
5) Grease muffin tin with oil of choice (I use coconut oil) and then add muffin mix filling each cup 2/3 way to the top.
6) Bake on 350 for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
7) Remove from oven. Let cool slightly. Prep cup of coffee or tea.
8) Share and Enjoy!
Love these. Excited to have them again tomorrow morning for breakfast.