Clearly I am in a muffin mood.
Honestly, you will probably be getting a lot more muffins and such from me because they are great for my weekly meal prep and I want to create more higher protein baked good snacks to help get me through the days. These are simple, fluffy and moist and I can’t want to eat another one this afternoon.
1 cup oat flour
1 medium/large banana
3 tbsp egg whites (equiv to one large egg)
1/4 cup all natural unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp coconut sugar
4 tbsp choco chips (dark, semi-sweet, enjoylife brand are preferred)
2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder ***Optional
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Lightly grease muffin tin with coconut oil (or oil of your choice) and set aside.
3) In a stand mixer, beat together banana, egg white, coconut sugar and then add in vanilla until well incorporated.
4) Meanwhile, sift together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder).
5) With mixer on low, slowly add in dry ingredients into stand mixer.
6) Add in apple sauce and continue to mix on low. Add in protein powder at this time if using.
7) Turn off mixer and slowly fold choco chips into the batter.
8) Add batter to muffin tin filling 2/3 way full.
9) Bake on 350 for 15-20 min until toothpick comes out clean.
10) Remove, cool slightly than Share and Enjoy!
Simple delicious and perfect for a mid morning breakfast snack. Oh and these would be even more delicious (in my opinion) with nuts. Yes.