Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Today is finally the day where I share my top secret sweet potato recipe that changed my sweet tater life.
You’ve seen these bad boys in many of my meals, and now I shall share with you lovely people my simple and quick way to prep sweet potatoes that might just change your life. Probably not, but possibly. 😉
3-4 medium sweet potatoes (this usually will last me and mom a week)
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp cayenne (only If I want them spicier that week- this is optional!)
2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic dressing *** any brand that your heart desires, just do your best to make it as all natural as possible. Yes, I have tried to make this with regular balsamic vinegar and they came out good but not as great.***
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
3) Peel and dice sweet potatoes into cubes about 1/2 inch thick.
4) Add seasonings followed by oil and dressings and toss very well until all your taters are well coated.
5) Spread taters on baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, tossing them about half way through.
6) They are done when you are easily able to stick a fork through them and they should also be slightly browned.
7) Remove from oven. Cool for a hot second (don’t burn your mouth off!) and devour. Make sure you leave some for the rest of the week, it’s a struggle!
8) Share and Enjoy!
*note- I just eyeball all of my ingredients so this is just a rough estimate- play around with it to your liking. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do because they have this magical buttery flavor without the butter. It’s quite stupendous, I promise. 😊