Apologies that I haven’t shared these beauties with you earlier but life. It actually took me two times to get these blondes where I wanted them because I do have some perfectionist tendencies. Nevertheless, the second time was a charm in this case and although I use a specific type of nut butter that I encourage you try, any nut butter would do but the flavor profile would just be slightly different. These are beautiful. The icing is so simple yet so unbelievably perfect and I reckon I need to go make these again very very soon.
1/2 cup Nuts’n’More Toffee Peanut Butter
2 large eggs
2 tbsp almond meal
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp butter extract
2 scoops vanilla protein
2 tbsp raw honey
1/4 cup coconut sugar (or any sweetener)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp non-fat plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp Peanut Butter & Co Mighty Maple
2 tbsp Sugar Free Caramel Macchiato Creamer (or French Vanilla or Hazelnut)
For the Blondies
1) Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
2) In a stand mixer, combine nut butter, eggs, and sweeteners. Mix well.
3) In small bowl, sift together almond meal and baking powder.
4) Slowly incorporate eggs followed by almond meal/baking powder mix. Continue to mix.
5) Add in vanilla and butter extracts followed by yogurt and almond milk and mix until well incorporated.
6) Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9×9 pan (I use coconut oil).
7) Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
8) Remove from oven and set aside.
For the Icing
1) In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and creamer and heat in microwave for 45sec-1 min. Mix together until smooth icing. Add more peanut butter and creamer until you reach your desired consistency.
2) Spread on top of blondies.
3) Share. Enjoy. Indulge. Love.