Should I stop apologizing for being such an infrequent blogger? No, I AM so SORRY! I love you all. I really do but LIFE. Nevertheless, I’ve been baking and cooking up some cool things, and this week’s post is a revitalized banana based high protein muffin. These had the most perfect texture to date and I love the occasional touch of toffee butter that I added in, but that is completely optional.
Please make these. You won’t regret your decision. Promise.
1 cup almond flour (meal)
1/2 cup oat flour (*could also just do 1 1/2 cup almond flour)
2 overly ripe bananas
3 scoops vanilla protein
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp butter extract
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup monkfruit in the raw (or natural sweetener of your choice)
1/4 cup Nuts’n’more Toffee Peanut Butter (Optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oils and set aside.
2) In stand mixer, on low mix together bananas and eggs until bananas are completely mashed and incorporated. Add in vanilla and butter extract.
3) In a small bowl, sift together flours, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to stand mixer. Mix until well incorporated.
4) Add in sugar and apple sauce and continue to mix. If adding in peanut butter, also add in and mix well.
5) Add batter to muffin cups until 2/3 full.
6) Bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
7) Let cool. Share and ENJOY!
These were so perfect. Today was day 3 and I had one this afternoon for a snack and was still amazed how moist they were. WIN. WiN. Now you go and win too! Loveee!