Hey there! Long time no hear. Like a really long time! But I made this soup and thought I had to share because it was so simple and delicious.
Adapted from: 100 Best Gluten-Free
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
3 teaspoons curry powder
2 teaspoons hot chili powder
1 15 oz can chickpea (garbanzo), drained and rinsed
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes (i love the fire roasted kind)
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup water
2 cups spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add in onion and sauté until it begins soften.
2) Add in garlic, cumin, curry powder and chili powder and continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring continually.
3) Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, stock and water and season with salt and pepper.
4) Reduce heat, cover and let it simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
5) Stir in the spinach and let it cook for about another 1-2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
6) Share and Enjoy!
So simple but it was so flavorful and hearty too with the chickpeas. I like my food spicy so if do not want as much of a kick, I definitely recommend halving the chili powder and curry. Have a beautiful day and make some soup! Love!